A warm welcome to all the freshers joining NUS this year and a welcome back to returning students! Hope you had a good summer break 🙂
This semester we have a bunch of activities and some exciting news! Come find our booth at the Student Life Fair-2017 from Aug 17-19 to know more about our group, our activities and how you can join! Briefly our schedule this semester looks like this:
On the activities front, we have our weekly free Yoga sessions starting from August 27, running till reading week. This semester there will be a rotation of teachers who will teach different styles of yoga like vinyasa yoga, hath yoga, fun stuff like laughter yoga, animal yoga, etc. Find out the details at this page. Those who are graduates of the YES+/Happiness program, we have the weekly follow up right after the yoga sessions.
To give you a feel of mindfulness practices and introduce you to breathing techniques and meditation, we have the Mind Matters seminar – a one-and-half hour interactive session. We will in fact have 3 independent sessions in September this semester. Check out the details at this page.
Which leads us to the exciting news: The Residential Life, Office of Student Affairs is organizing the super awesome YESPlus workshop at PGPR and UTR residences… and the best part? They are sponsoring 75% of the course fee for residents!!!!! So grab this fantabulous chance and register right away!
To backtrack… What is the YES+ ?
YES+ provides us with tools to manage our stress and energy levels, leading us to a more happy, fulfilled, and meaningful life. This workshop has been taught in over 100 universities around the world and at corporate institutions such as Google and the World Bank. Here’s what you’ll learn:
– Success without Stress – Think that success and stress go hand in hand? Research shows that we are more productive and creative without high levels of stress. YES+ provides empirically validated tools for decreased stress.
– Energy – Learn unique meditation and breathing techniques to recharge and boost your efficiency.
– Focus & Relaxation – Find out how to achieve a relaxed and focused state of mind so you can live in the present moment and get things done without the jitters
– Empowerment – Learn how the mind works and how you can pursue your goals while being happy and fulfilled.
– Connection & Service – Make some of the most meaningful connections you’ve made on campus and understand how making a differences impacts your well-being
Excited yet?! Find out more about the course on this linked page. This semester we are having two sessions of the workshop: 12-15 October and 19-22 October.
On the volunteering end, we will going to the Moral Welfare home every first Saturday of the month. Find out the details here.
This semester, we will are not having the Yoga Jam party due to some logistical difficulties… but perhaps next semester? 🙂
Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a great time ahead this semester 🙂